Have you stamped and sent your holiday cards yet? If not, you’ve still got some time!
Disclaimer: I just made this day up. Because it’s October. And it’s the 13th. And thirteen is my favorite number. Also, the trees are at that point of turning beautifully colorful, but like not all of them, so there’s still that mix of green and red and gold and it looks like fall and Christmas and cinnamon and sugar and beautiful and I love it, the end.
It’s currently blizzard-ing outside as I write this – thank goodness for fuzzy socks and hot chocolate. Wooo!
I was recently nominated by the lovely Audra (aka Minnesota Gal) for the One Lovely Blog Award. Audra’s currently a college student in – you guessed it – Minnesota. Her blog is fun to read and she encourages everyone to worry less and smile more which I love. Soooo definitely check out her blog HERE.
Apparently there are rules to this award…(the internet is so weird).
Thank the person who nominated you and provide a link to his/her blog. List the rules. Display the award on your post of the award. List seven facts about yourself.
Nominate 15 bloggers for this award and comment on one of their posts to let them know you have nominated them.
SEVEN FACTS ABOUT JACKIE
- I’m an only child.
- I’ve seen Justin Timberlake 8 times live and then
stalked himcasually saw him in Jimmy Fallon’s green room when I worked at NBC during the SNL 40th anniversary…
- …But as much as I adore JT, my favorite artist is Michael Jackson (RIP) and my favorite song growing up was (this is not a joke) Gangsta’s Paradise by Coolio. Like. Imagine five year old me singing along to this all the time. Too good.
- I’ve never played any sports because I’m super uncoordinated and yet I got Student of the Month for gym in high school once for my “team spirit.” hahahha
- My favorite book is The Time Traveler’s Wife.
- My dream in life is to open an old dog sanctuary — much like this one.
- I’ve kept hand-written journals since 8th grade…so I currently have 11 years worth of written commentary on my life so far. You know when people ask you: ‘if your house was burning down, what would you grab?’ (besides saving people and animals, etc.) For me, it would be my journals for sure. They are priceless.
And now…my nominations!
Spread the love, y’all!
Hot chocolate is one of my very favorite things. I’m the person who orders hot chocolate from coffee shops. Growing up on “half-swiss-miss” (my mom used to make this by using
half of one of those swiss miss packets…oh how I was robbed of the extra grams of sugary water), I’ve since discovered the joys of REAL hot chocolate. Like, straight up melted-chocolate-bar-hot-chocolate.
I’ve tried many a hot chocolate in the big apple…
L.A. Burdick’s makes a delicious cup as does Jacques Torres. But I’ve heard really good things about The City Bakery and decided on the morning of the last day of February 2015 that it was THE DAY. I chose this day specifically as I knew it was the last day of the bakery’s yearly “hot chocolate festival.” A unique flavor of hot chocolate every day of the month…and today was the grab bag day! I love surprises so I was pumped.
Turns out the bakery chooses a rotation of flavors for the final day and I was there in time for the first flavor, “Happy” Hot Chocolate, which is vanilla bean and milk chocolate served with a REAL marshmallow!I can’t say I’ve ever actually had a marshmallow that didn’t taste like the bag it came out of — but alas, this one did not come out of a bag!
(Side note: All City Bakery employees wear shirts that say: “where human beings make marshmallows.” — as opposed to aliens, I’m assuming.)
As I was drinking this delicious nectar, I was unsure how to tackle this ‘real’ marshmallow. At first I attempted, like a five-year-old, to pick it up and eat it but it was too gooey to do so gracefully. Then I sat and stared at it for a bit. Eventually I asked for a spoon and devoured the marshmallow like a sweet after-cocoa dessert.
I only wish I had journeyed here sooner to try more of the interesting flavors like “Lemon Hot Chocolate” and “On A Peanut Butter Barge,” but perhaps it’s for the best as this one cup set me back $7.50 (marshmallow is extra)…t’was worth it though. Chocolate always is.
Spread kindness and cheer, xo