If you’re anything like me, you love to curl up with a good book in hand and a nice cuppa hot chocolate – oh, it’s still Summer? Well, how about a frozen hot chocolate then…
To write is human, to receive a letter: Devine! – Susan Lendroth
In an age where folks incessantly check their phones and tablets for new messages and where “likes” are the golden stamps of approval, this old soul still believes in the good old-fashioned art of putting pen to paper. As someone who frequents stationery stores, has an address book and actually buys stamps, I can’t recommend letter writing enough. It’s a surprisingly cathartic way to show someone you care and hey, why should phone bills and take-out menus dominate our mailboxes anyways? Spare 49 cents and send a note that’s more than 140 characters to someone you love. It’ll probably be the cheapest thing you do all day.
“Keep your face to the sunshine and you cannot see a shadow.”
I’m just about to head out and enjoy the sunshine and clear blue skies on this beautiful Sunday. Life is good…in just four days my marine (whom I haven’t seen since JANUARY!!) will be home for three weeks and I’m sooooooo looking forward to seeing him!
Wanted to share some sunshine and happiness through these photos with y’all – hope you’re having a great day wherever you are and remember to appreciate all of the little things and especially the time you get to spend with loved ones!
Spread kindness and cheer, xo
Ahh, Mondays. Back to the big city and work life…wishing I was still up in Lake George.
…this Monday is a bit brighter now that I’ve found out I was nominated by the lovely Mae for the Sunshine Blogger Award!
The Sunshine Blogger Award is an award given to bloggers by bloggers. It is given to bloggers who are positive and creatively inspire others in the blogosphere.
It’s great to see that folks view my blog as positive and inspiring as that’s what I aim to achieve in each post. I want my blog to serve as a happy spot on the internet where y’all can have a laugh, learn something new and hopefully find yourself inspired in some small way through my words and photos.
Apparently there are some rules for accepting this award…bear with me…
- Thank the person who nominated you in a blog post and link back to their blog.
- Answer the eleven questions sent by the person who nominated you.
- Nominate eleven blogs to receive the award and write them eleven new questions.
- List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo in your post and/or your blog.
Here are the 11 questions Mae gave me, and my answers!
- What is travel for you? Travel is everything! A way to satisfy my curiosities and embark on new adventures. Meeting new people, trying new things, experiencing and seeing everything I absolutely can during my time on this crazy planet.
- What keeps you motivated? My sense of curiosity, along with seeing what other folks are doing. I love searching the ‘travel’ tag on WordPress just to find ordinary people going on extraordinary adventures. It’s both motivating and inspiring.
- Who are the people that inspires you to write? I can’t say that any one person in particular inspires me to write. I think it just comes from within…I’ve always found writing to be the best way to express my thoughts.
- How will you achieve great results in writing your blog? Through being honest, with not only myself but my readers as well. This blog can’t be great if I’m not being true to myself.
- What is favorite color? This color! (Grass green).
- How old were you when you started writing? Good question! I’m not sure haha…forever?
- What is your favorite place in the world? Oh! I just posted about this — the perfect, small town of Lake George, NY.
- Which would you choose? New York or Bali? Interesting question…for vacation, definitely Bali since I’m from NY.
- Will you go trekking or go to the beach? I’ve always preferred mountains and lakes to sand and oceans, so I’d have to say trekking.
- What is the one thing you can’t travel without? My journal!
- What are the challenges that you have faced in writing an article? The biggest challenge I faced was in writing this article, To My Fellow Late Bloomers. It was a very personal piece and I wasn’t sure I wanted to put it out there, but I received wonderful feedback and am glad I published it.
Soo…now I have to nominate 11 folks! Here are my picks:
Neidotta’s blog Go Travel Global.
Caitlyn’s blog Cessna Chick.
Heather’s blog New York Roots to Southern Boots.
Alexa’s blog Alexa-Writes.
Claudia’s blog WonderLook.
Crystal’s blog East Coast Mermaid.
Cheryl’s blog What Cheryl Said.
Emily’s blog College With Coffee.
Daniel’s blog Adventure Born.
Analise’s blog Cupcakes & Sequins.
Morgan’s blog Boho En Route.
And here are my 11 questions for y’all:
Who inspires you? Favorite destination you’ve traveled to? What is your dream vacation? What does happiness mean to you? Favorite food? Favorite book? What do you wish you were doing right now? Would you fly to the moon if given the chance? Do you prefer the beach or mountain life? What was your high school mascot? How would you describe your personality in one word?
Looking forward to your answers!
Thanks for reading, y’all! Hope you have a great start to the week!
Spread kindness and cheer, xo